This is what we hiked.The group: Larry, Emily, Holly & Jon.
We started hiking around 1am and this is the shot we took in the Parking lot.
Thankfully Jon is Mr. Wilderness and he provided us with headlamps to both ligth our way
and make us look really cool.
This was around 5am, the sun was almost peeking over the mountain.
The higher we climbed the windier it got.


The shak at the top of Timp. I thought I would never make it to the top, it was the hardest hike I've ever done and as to be expected, the view from the top was awing.
We made it!

My fav picture:)
I was so impressed with this guy on the hike..... we spent a very long time together and we had the best time. He was so prepared and was so kind and so fun.
Can't say enough about how great he is.

My thoughts: Getting to the top was really hard and at times near the end when I was really tired I thought, I'm done, I don't want to do this. It's so much like life. The greatest things I've accomplished in my life have taken a lot of time and have been really hard. Yet in the end, it was very worth it. The view from the top of the Mountain was so incredible. We got to Emerald Lake, 1,500 feet from the summit at sunrise and it was beautiful. I have never seen the sunrise at the top of the mountain and it was continued proof to me that their is God and that he is Ruler and Creator over all. While we were resting at the top, there was a 67 year old man that came up and told us that it was his 4th time doind it that week and his 350th over all time he has climbed it. I was so inspired by this man. Our bodies can do amazing things. I want to keep mine strong to stay as healthy as I can for as long as I can.
5 comments:
yeah for hiking timp! i always thought I would do it at some point but never did. i'm sure it helps when your in good company! hope things are going well!
tiff
Sure glad Mr Wilderness was with you. Beautiful pictures from the top. Thanks for the fun blog. Maybe you should invest in some hiking boots!? They work pretty good.
looks like you had fun. i liked that hike too, beautiful at the top, I do remember that. toward the top it gets really rocky and a bit scary. hope you're having a great summer!
So fun!!!! I loved every single picture and thank goodness for Mr. Wilderness....I'm sure the day would not have been as fun without him....ha-ha-ha!! Love you sweet girl!
Congrats on defeating Timp! I made that trek once when I was about 20. Probably couldn't do it in my current state. I've shed 10 lbs since we moved here, though. :) I'm on my way to healthiness again!
I'll be in town next week! We should have a get together!
PS. What about that hotty in your pics???
Post a Comment