Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Surf & Turf Christmas Eve

Our dear friends Brandon and Caitlin Young:
Oh, how I love this couple. Jon and I actually met them before we bought the house. They came walking down with their cute little dog as we were showing my dad the house before we were married. They introduced themselves and gave us such hope for the area and the ward. They were so welcoming and even talked about getting together for dinner once we moved in, so great, I know. We found out we had lots in common like getting married on the VERY SAME DAY one year apart, going to Hawaii for our honeymoon and loving camping. Little did I know then that we would become great friends. We have spent some very fun nights together and on a good week Caitlin and I are running partners. She often saves me from being alone on the nights Jon works, she is a great friend.

And it is with them that I celebrated Christmas Eve. It was declared a PJ party, hence Caitlin's Onesie!! In her family they celebrate with Seafood and Steak, how can you go wrong with that?!? It was the best dinner ever!! Warm crab meat dipped in butter, seasoned steak, rice and salad. So good!! Sadly, Jon had to work and he partook later. He too was very happy about the meal.Jon was able to come home at 11pm that night and we had a special little Christmas Eve under the tree. We lit up the tree and turned the front room lights off and read Luke 2. As we read the story of the Christ Child and looked at our beautiful tree, I was overcome with much gratitude. What an amazing year we had, the Lord has been so aware of us and so giving with His blessings. Tears of joy came to my eyes as we reflected on all of the blessings of the past year. I just was so humbled because we are not perfect and we could always do more, but the Lord was and has been very aware of us. We know He Lives!

We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! Please also know that we are very grateful for all of the nice things people have given us and done for us as we have begun our life together. If a thank you card has not made it to you yet, it will just give us a little more time:)

May the Lord's love bless you in 2011!



1 comment:

Rob and Ash said...

That's funny you met Brandon Young!! He and I went to school together and we ALWAYS had our lockers by eachother, because of our "Y" last names :)Glad to hear you're doing well!! And tell Brandon hi for me next time you see him :)