On our way, we stopped in Topaz, Utah where a WW II Japanese Internment camp was located. It was very interesting to learn of the history and be reminded of the cruelty that has gone on, even within our own country.
We camped in Great Basin National park at a beautiful camp ground. We were surrounded by Aspen trees and a babbling brook. It was the perfect site. The first night it rained and we went to bed early. It was awesome laying warmly in my sleeping bag listening to the rolling thunder. It seemed to rumble forever, it was awesome.
The next morning we went to Leeman Cave, one of the most decorated caves in the US, with stalagmites and stalactites. I learned a lot about caves, including that they are ALIVE. This cave grows about an inch every 100 years.
The trip was a lot of fun, the girls were really well behaved. It was fun just chilling with them and having fun. I would have loved to post pictures of their cute faces but I can't. You'll just have to imagine a bunch of teenage girls playing in the wilderness.
3 comments:
Holly, the camp site was beautiful, and I am glad you had such a great time!
Last comment was from me, Mom, I am on Heidi's computer. Would love to see those caves, and camp at that spot!
you make camping look so good!
Post a Comment