When Jon and I get time off together it's like Christmas to me, I love it!! I took off two days last week and we drove to Zion's. It was the first real camping trip we've been on. We got down there on Thursday, boarded the shuttle in Zion's and walked down to the Narrows. It was a beautiful time of day to be on the shuttle as we saw tons of dear and wild turkeys. We scoped out Angel's Landing and headed back to our campsite.
We set up our brand new tent, which seems more like a one man than a two man, but Jon reassures that it will be perfect for backpacking. Then we put tin foil dinners, corn on the cob and banana boats on for our feast. I have to say, I was stuffed!! Next time you go camping, try corn on the cob on the coals, wrapped in its own husk, it's delicious!! It was pretty warm that night, but we survived.
Friday we got packed up and hiked ANGEL'S LANDING. I have wanted to hike it for about 5 years or so and I'm so glad we did. It was super hot but the view at the top was totally worth it. There were parts that were pretty scary with the skinness of the path and depth of the fall below. The picutures don't really do it justice.
1 comment:
SCARY!!!
Post a Comment