Tuesday, February 02, 2010

We're ENGAGED!!!

Monday 6:30am
Jacksonville, FL
I was sleeping on the couch in my parent's house and I was abruptly woken by Jon who said, "You have 5 minutes to get ready, hurry". I was very groggy and had no idea what was going on. I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, found my jacket and keys to a car. I had to sneak into dark rooms, searching for my clothes and shoes, trying not to wake everyone else in the house. I really had no idea what time it was, the house was pitch black and I couldn't read the clock.
When we get into the car and he told me that we needed to go to the store. I figured that his plan was to propose, but what did going to the store have anything to do with it? He kept telling me that needed to get a 'Thank You' card for my mom. We stopped at Walmart and he left me out in the car while he went in. When he came back out, he said that we were looking for the large orange globe in the sky. We were headed to the beach for the sunrise.
I wasn't sure if he was headed just to the beach or a specific spot. He pulled into the parking lot at the 6th street entrance, where Hilary and Chris got married 3 years ago. It was a special spot. He made me keep my eyes closed as he walked me out to the beach and then sat me down on the embankment while he drew a heart in the sand with our names in it.
He asked me for my hand and I gave him my right hand, on purpose, then he asked me for my left hand. I thought I was so funny. We walked down closer to the beach and said I could open my eyes. I opened my eyes to see my love, standing on the beach, my favorite spot, telling me that he loved me. I was entranced. I felt so much love for him and desire to be with him forever, it was the best feeling. He knelt down and said,
"Holly Elizabeth Stansbury, will you marry me?"
He tried opening the ring box and he broke it. We laughed. Before he could get the ring on my finger, I said YES, knelt infront of him and kissed him. It was so great. Then he put the ring on my finger and marveled. It is beautiful and made me feel like a princess to have it on my finger. We talked about what it will be like when we get married and took some pictures.
Me patiently keeping my eyes closed.
The newly engaged couple.

The ring.


Pure Elation!

I did it!










25 comments:

Heather Johnson said...

Wow. Oh love. CONGRATS BALI! You deserve it.

Jodi said...

Holly your face says it all! You're too cute!

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

Tiff and Dan said...

Yeah!!!!!! I am so excited for you! CONGRATS!!!!

Justin and Christine Edwards said...

Oh, Holly, dearest! I am so glad I could be a part of your short stay here in Jax. It was great meeting your LOVE and spending time with your amazing family! It brought so much joy to me. I am so happy for you and can't wait to come to UTAH. God is SO good and faithful to give us the desires of our heart at HIS PERFECT timing! What an answer to prayer! When I saw the pic of your ring I just laughed out loud for several seconds...it is BEAUTIFUL! :) :) I love it! He did a fabulous job! Tell him hello for me. Love you! - Christine

Maggie said...

SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU and JON! My heart is swelling and I can't wait to see you in May!!! Best news ever. You deserve this 110% Holly. Love you!

Stew and Lindsey Campbell said...

Love the pictures love the pictures!! I'm SO happy for you Hol! You are SO cute together :)

lisa said...

I LOVE IT! Congratulations--he's adorable and yall are too cute. And on the beach??! He's good.

Nicole Caywood Photography said...

Holly!! Congratulations! Seriously I am so so happy for you! You guys look so incredibly happy. When is the big day??

Kristin Lea Robinson said...

I've been checking your blog every day to get the story. I loved it. It brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing your beautiful story. It made my day. It sounds like the perfect engagement and I LOVE YOUR RING. I love a single diamond I think it is so beautiful and classy!! I love it. I am so happy for you. I can't wait to meet him. I told my mom and cousin and they are so happy for you. Love you and give your family lots of love and kisses for me. Call me soon.

klr

Briana Weir said...

Oh that is just the most touching thing. I have been waiting for this news! It's good to see you so happy! Congratulations!

Briana Weir said...

PS- you got some great air on that jumping picture!

Kelly said...

Congrats Holly! That is so exciting for you! We couldnt be happier for you!

oneHeidifamily said...

Congratulations, Holly!! That is so exciting!! I love your reactions in the various pictures; your mom's is priceless as well!!
When's the big day?

Alisa said...

YAY!!!!!!! i love these pictures! they are perfect! i am so happy for you guys and can't wait to see you in person! what a beautiful ring!!

jenny said...

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH. Congratulations Holly! That is so exciting!!!!

Sheryl said...

ohhhhh yessss!

Abby said...

How sweet is that?! Congrats, miss Holly! Do you want me to do a tap dance with you at the wedding? hehe ;0)

Heidi said...

Wooooo Hoooooo - what a special day! I am so glad I was able to be there!!! LOVE YOU TWO!

Anonymous said...

congrats holly! what a romantic-he's a keeper! best of luck to both of you

Heidi's friend Kristen

Rebecca said...

Congratulations!!!! You both look so happy!

Vicki said...

Holly, We loved reading your post and seeing the pictures. It brought it all back to life again. We love you both and thanks for all the details. Can't wait for May!! See you soon!

Jennie Pike said...

Holly,

Nathan and I have just finished reading your post and we both conculded by saying -'YAAAHHH!- how romantic!'

CONGRATULATIONS to you both. The boy done good- what a great proposal and amazing pictures too!

I love love your ring and from your pics I see you do too ;-).... (I loved staring at my new ring- for all it means and also the sparkliness!- the novelty still hasn't worn off!)

How amazing that he proposed in Jax and all your family were able to be there.

We wish we could have been there too. I am so glad we were able to hear your heart talk about Jon before this fantastic event!

Lots of love always

Jennie and Nathan x x x

Michelle said...

Congratulations Holly. I knew he would be the one. Ever since you started posting pictures of you two. Marriage is the best thing in the world. Again, congratulations, I am so happy for you!

Thayne said...

We are SO glad you guys found each other!

Jerez Fam said...

Such a cute story! Felicitaciones! You make an adorable couple! I can tell how happy both of you are!