Sunday, June 21, 2009

Miami Day 1

This is the beginning of my Cruise adventure. First, the group I went with was awesome as you will see from the pics. Jake, was our fearless leader and we followed him. He found this great hotel right on Miami beach called "The Palms: Hotel and Spa". It was very swanky and I wish we could have stayed there another night. When we got to the hotel we changed into our suits and hit the beach. When I walked out onto the white sand, I felt complete again. The beach completes me. It was a beautiful day and so refreshing to jump into the Atlantic.... the best ocean. Later, we got ready and walked to the main hub of South Beach and walked Lincoln street. There were tons of awesome restaurants and each had hostesses out front trying to convinve us to dine with them. We were swooned by the Itallian man, seen at the bottom of the post with Emily, who offered us a bottle of wine, which we declined and accepted free drinks instead. He loved Emily for her beautiful Itallian and yes, he was showing more cleavage than she. I love South Beach, the humidity, the palm trees, the amazing food, the rich and the poor walking hand and hand and the shops.




I got a chocolate shake from Ghiradelli's with fresh straweberries. It was divine. It sent my blood sugar through the roof with its richness. I can't resist the chocolate.

3 comments:

Kristin Lea Robinson said...

I love that you went on a cruise! I can't wait to hear more about your adventure! Love you and hope to see you soon. Keep me updated on coming out!

xoxo,

klr

Vicki said...

Love your Maimi experience, yup you are a southern girl!

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh - the chocolate shake sounds divine!!! I love how well you know yourself! You are such a special girl...love you so!!