Monday, December 08, 2008
'Tis the Season
Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year. I love the smell of a Christmas tree, I love the magical feeling I get when I look at the lights, I love the music, I love thinking about what gift I should get for the people that I care so much about, I love seeing Santa Clause in the mall and all of the excited kids, I love mistletoe and holly, I love seeing Christmas hymns in church. On Saturday, Maggie and I went out and bought a real tree. Our apartment has been transformed by the smell and magic of it's presence. We have lots of lights in our apartment and looks very festive, it makes me so happy. Sunday evening some friends and I drove up to Salt Lake to attend the First Presidency Devotional. My heart was touched as my thoughts returned to the Savior and His birth and ministry. I am so grateful for Him and the opportunity we have to celebrate His life, it is the love of God that penetrates my heart and makes me so happy and feeling so full of ligth during this beautiful time of year. May your heart be touched by His love also.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awww! How fun! And you guys all look so awesome all dressed up and in front of that fantastic tree.
I'm so SAD that we were both at the First Presidency Devotional and I didn't know it, so I could find you and give you a huge hug! It was wonderful, wasn't it?
Your family Thanksgiving looks like it was a ton of fun! Your new neice is darling! Congrats!
How are you?
Post a Comment