Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving in NC

I flew red eye into Raleigh, NC on Wednesday morning. Red eye flights are not fun, especially sitting next to a drunk guy on Valium. Don't worry he offered me some too, but I declined even though he said they would only sedate me and not kill me. Interesting flight. With little sleep on the flight I was so tired when Matt and Lincoln came to pick me up. Thankfully Matt let me sleep on the 2 1/2 hour ride to Jacksonville, NC. I was so excited to see Heidi and Matt's very first house, which is gorgeous, included with a new dog and baby, what a deal!! This is Kloe Russell, the newest addition to the family. It was so great finally meeting her, she is such a sweet little baby.

The happiest little boy I know... Austin Holtzee with his daddy.

He is ALWAYS smiling.

*Roxy*



Heidi is the master of table decorating and she taught me a few things in the process of creating her Thanksgiving table.
It's funny because our family isn't that big and yet we always make way more food then we need and have tons of left overs.


Paige has a mind of her own- she decided that she wanted her flowers in her water cup and not in her little vase. She is the funniest little girl. Around the house she sings all of the time and you can hear her no matter where you are in the house. She also likes to be Lincoln's second mommy. She is hilarious and has a smile that will melt your heart.


On Friday, the girls took off and went to see Twilight......... This is our scary face. I loved the movie and am still team Edward:)
Matt made a firepit in his back yard and we had a fire and roasted smores, it was so fun.


Like I said he is always smiling. He especially likes when you pull out the camera, he smiles so big his eyes shut and he looks like a Chinese baby. It's hilarious.

So this was a pretty embarassing moment for me. We are standing in front of the Exchange on the base wanting to get a family picture. I just hate making a huge fuss in public and I felt like everyone was looking at us. We finally found some young guy to take our picture and my family made it point to mention that I was single and that he was a very cute young man. Being the only un married sibling can be very taxing.

Grammy and Grandaddy with the grandkids.

I think my mom's favorite calling in life is being a grandma, this is the third time she has been up to visit Heidi since Kloe was born and she has been such a great help to her.

A few other things about Paige is that she LOVES chocolate and she hates wearing anything other than comfy clothes these days. Heidi had to work really hard to get her in this outfit. Heidi told her that she looked really pretty and she told Heidi, "I don't want to be pretty."

So lets be honest, I learned a few things about babies this weekend: always put a towel underneath them while changing their diaper, changing their outfit five times a day is normal and they are a lot of work!! With all that said, I just LOVE baby Kloe. She is the sweetest little baby and I am so proud to be her Aunt:)

These two trees are decorated with 350 purple ornaments that represent the 350 soldiers that have died who were part of Camp Lejeune.

6 comments:

IzeOfLight said...

Aw, so cute! And I love that you guys make more food than you need--lots of food and lots of family is what it's all about! =)

Jennie Pike said...

You guys looked like you had an amazing time- and I love the story about them all embarrassing you when you were getting your photo taken! I can just imagine them!!

Happy Thanksgiving Holly! Take Care love Jen x x

oneHeidifamily said...

Holly,
Being the only single person in my family(with the exception of my brother who has cerebral palsy) I felt for you when you talked about feeling uncomfortable,particularly when your family brought up to that guy that you are single.In fact, I remember clearly, still, my mom saying to me one time when we were all in the temple, 'you need to find yourself a husband so we can even this thing out.' As much as I know that she didn't mean any harm, sometimes these things tug at our heart strings and cause us to wonder why we are single. However, with that said, I do believe that all singles need to come to terms with their singleness and learn to be happy where we are at in our lives, even if that means we are 'alone' without a spouse. There ARE worse things than not being married, and I have definitely had to learn that! Hang in there, and remember that YOU ROCK!

Heidi said...

I loved EVERY MINUTE of being with you...miss you!!

Vicki said...

Such a cherrished weekend!! A special one in my memory bank. Thanks, and love you!

Kristin Lea Robinson said...

I loved all your pictures! I love the Twilight picture! It makes me miss all of you so much. I hope to see you at Christmas. I'll be home the 20-29. Also you look so hot in your black coat at Temple Square! I am on search for a new coat too! You look wonderful and I love you and your sweet family too! xoxo