Sunday, October 03, 2010

The Perfect Day

On Friday, Jon and I went on a 4 hour trail ride on horseback with some of my colleagues and their family. It was so fun!! Jon usually works Fridays and was able to get it off, I let one of the girls at work play with Aspen while we were gone and everything worked out perfectly. I love fall, it's beautiful here in Utah, it's the perfect time to be outside.

We went up Payson canyon and the colors were really pretty, it seemed to be a little more dry then in years past but it was still beautiful. We got on the horses around 12:30 and got back around 4:30. It was like reliving my childhood, I couldn't have been happier. It was so fun to experience it with Jon too. He too loves horses and we would love to have some property and horses, but those ideas will stay only as dreams for a while.

I rode Chip a sweet 4 year old who was a little nervous about being on the trail, we trotted a good portion of the way because he was a little jittery. Poor guy, when we got him out of the trailer he was already sweating bullets. He calmed down a little before lunch and then was ready to go again. Jon rode Sam, a great trial horse. He was startled by anything and was calming for poor Chipper. Jon did great, he looked the part too with his cowboy boots, hat and buckle. I just need to get him a pair of tight wranglers:).
This is Patti, she is the Clinical Director at MLA and just a gem.
A beautiful view.


Aren't the Aspen beautiful!!




He's my hot cowboy!!
We got back and picked up Aspen who was happy as a Lark because she was well taken care of. We went home, Aspen went to bed because she was so exhausted and Jon and I went swimming. It was just wonderful!! I love when we get to spend an entire day off together, it's like Christmas to me. It was the perfect day.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I just read your post about your new puppy! She is so cute, but Weston decided that we can't get a puppy (or apparently have another baby) anytime soon because the memories of Jackson's newborn days are still to fresh. haha It looks like you and Jon are doing great!!

Abby said...

Awwe!!! You guys are so cute! I can kinda still remember being a newlywed!! hehe That looks so fun. I love to ride, too. One of my twins would LOVE to have our own horses! Maybe someday...

Mary Ann (Crockett) Ahlstrom said...

Jealous. I've never been horseback riding. Someday...