Sunday, September 05, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

To tell you about the first picture, I must precede it by telling you that I LOVE my Birthday. Call me prideful, but I love celebrating everything. So a little after 12:00am on 9.4.10, I asked Jon if I could open one present..... and he said yes! This picture explains it all, I was very excited. My sweet In-Laws gave me a very nice gift and that is the one I opened.

Unfortunately, my luck did not continue in regards to my health. I woke up around 6am and got sick three times, visiting the beautiful porcelean bowl each time. NOT FUN!! Not sure what it was, but now 48 hours later I'm feeling better. It was just a nice little reminder that there is opposition in all things and we can't appreciate the sweet unless we encounter bitter too.

My sweet husband, made my day very special. I sat on the couch as he made me a beautful pink gluten free cake. Then he spoiled me with wonderful presents that I absolutely loved!! He made me feel like a princess. Then like a Knight in Shining armor, he ran away in his galant Patrol Car and protected the area around his princess's thrown. (AKA: He went to work at 3:00). I finished the day sleeping, taking pepto and talking to dear friends. Thanks for all of the calls and texts, they all were cherished.



It's true, I look like a little girl, some things don't change.

This was the excitement about the dance class membership he gave me.....
and this was about the professional masage!!
He did so good.

5 comments:

Mary Ann (Crockett) Ahlstrom said...

Wow! Nice work. Any chance to celebrate is a good one! Happy belated birthday to you...

Kayleen said...

Oh my goodness. He's such a keeper. I thought about you all day on your birthday, but didn't take the chance to call. I was babysitting a couple kids in my ward all weekend, and they kept me busy. Lame excuse, I know. I'm glad your hubs made it so wonderful! Love you!

Maggie said...

Happy Birthday Dear Holly! HOW CUTE THAT JON MADE YOU A PINK CAKE!!! It turned out very well.

Kristin Lea Robinson said...

Love it all. I think I sent you a birthday shout but just in case....
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. I am so happy for you. I was in Florida this weekend and it was perfection. I love that place and you too!

xoxo

Rasmussen Family said...

hey! so I saw your blog on Alisa's and had to say hi, again:) happy birthday! you look so happy and fabulous. Where did you get your bday dance class membership to?