Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fly Fishing. Round One.

When we went fishing as a family, when I was a little girl, I was the one playing on the shore. Needless to say I needed some help in the fishing department:). Last Friday, we went with Nate and Kristin up Provo canyon to go Fly Fishing in the Provo River. Kristin totally put me to shame as she had waders and boots, I used Jon's. What a stud huh, he let me borrow his. He gave me a few lessons in the parking lot and we were off. It was a beautiful evening and so relaxing to be in nature. I wish I had a picture of Nate carrying Jon through the water to a dry section of ground he could stand on, it was pretty funny.


Although we didn't catch any fish, we did see an otter. After fishing, we went back to Kristin's house and made a cobbler in the Dutch Oven. Jon and I bought the coals, but we went cheapo and didn't get the easy light ones.... big mistake. We tried everything to get them to light, including huge wad of lint from the dryer and tons of hair spray. We returned to the store and got lighter fluit. The cobler took forever to bake, we ended up finishing it in the oven. It tasted delightful at 1:00am in the morning:). That's the latest Jon and I have stayed out in a while, that's what happens when you get married.

2 comments:

Jennie Pike said...

Loving those wadders!

It's a good look! ;-)

Loving your posts.

x

Heidi said...

From Mom again, Bet I could give you a few lessons!! Wadders look great!