Friday, November 06, 2009

Fall Festivities

One Friday night, Jon and I went up the canyon and cooked tin foil dinners on a bonfire. The amazing dinner was followed by banana boats, one of my personal favorites. It was a lot of fun to be outside in the crisp air and to be warmed by the fire. Bonfires are so fun and any food made on them always hits the spot. Of course, Jon did a great job on the fire and cooked the dinners perfectly as the pictures show.
This was the BYU game that ought not to be remembered, the Cougars played horribly, but it was lots of fun to be with Alisa, Emily and Lisa.
Alisa was in town for her Utah baby shower, yes baby Harrison is on his way. She is due Dec. 23, and I'm so excited for her. It was so great to reminisce and spend time together.
Love you girl!
Then there was another Friday night of pumkin carving. Can you tell which one is mine and which is Jon's? Every cut on his pumpkin was perfect and as you can see his jack-o-lantern was amazing. It's the headless horsemen, if you didn't know, carved by not cutting through the pumpkin but shaving the skin off. With the candle inside it looked really awesome.
Then on Halloween I was spoiled by both my mom and Jon. Mom sent me the cute pumkin and flowers at work, which arrived during the Halloween party we had for the girls at work.
And then on Halloween, Jon showed up on my doorstep with my favorite flowers: tulips!
It made my whole day. Can I just say..... I'm smitten with this kid:) Couldn't be happier!


3 comments:

Sheryl said...

ok jon's growing on me now. you look so happy!

lisa said...

tulips are my favorite too! p.s. loved all the costumes--very creative!

Vicki said...

AND THE WINNER IS!!!!! I am talking about the pumpkin!?!?!?! Your dinner over the fire looks great!!