Thursday, October 08, 2009

Conference Weekend

I really looked forward to General Conference and being inspired by the words of the Prophets. It was very good weekend. I was most touched by the themes of listening/living by the Spirit, love and being consistent. I was inspired to live the gospel of Jesus Christ more fully and listen to the Spirit as I try to make decisions for my life. At times it is easy to forget that this life is the time to prepare to meet God and that all of our experiences can either help or hinder us in our journey. I loved Elder Renlund's remarks about how to continue the change of heart process and how we must continually evaluate where our heart is and what we need to do to live close to the whisperings of the Spirit. I hope you all were able to enjoy Conference too! My sweet friend Sheryl, from DC, and I were able to go to the second Sunday session together. How I love that girl and her vigor to live the gospel and figure out the Lord's will. We were there for Elder Holland's powerful testimony on the Book of Mormon. It was awesome!!
Saturday night, while the guys were at Priesthood, all the ladies went out to dinner. It was so fun to connect with these girls from our old ward.

No comments: