Sunday, February 08, 2009

Recent Projects

A friend in my ward showed me her room a few months back and I saw this really cute frame that she had created to hold her earrings. I loved it, but never got around to creating one for myself. I finally got to Home Depot to get all of the supplies and to Ross where I bought the frame. First I painted the frame, then cut the wire stuff, which really took awhile, then somehow got the wire to stay in the frame. After a few mishaps, it all came together very nicely and I love being able to see all my earrings, it's fabulous. It's both useful and a very sheek addition to my room.
About my room, since I moved in last August, I really haven't invested much into it and it seemed to feel very empty. I decided to work on it, I put up my BYU Diploma, pictures of my family and friends and a calendar with pictures of Christ. It's really a great representation of the things that I value most in my life: the Savior, my family/good friends, education. I really have enjoyed being in my room since the face lift. By surrounding myself with things that I love I have better been able to have joy in the journey, as President Monson encouraged us in the last conference. I am trying to learn, along with some of my dearest friends, how to love every aspect of my life, even when it doesn't seem to be what I had planned.







6 comments:

IzeOfLight said...

Very cute! Such fun style you've got there, m'dear!

Kayleen said...

How cute! I love your room! Where did you get that awesome bed spread!?
How have you been? It's been a while.

Justin and Christine Edwards said...

I like your room. That earing holder is so cute! You did a good job. I'm not sure if Justin would go for that in our room :) Enjoy it while your single, Holly! Ha! Ha! :) Thanks for your comment on my blog. I miss you too and wish you were closer to home. Hopefully, we can keep in touch through blogging. I'm still not a big facebook fan, but my opinions are changing....a little. Carter is doing well as far as I know. Thanks for praying.

Christine

Sheryl said...

i love it! you're an inspiration. instead of concentrating on my things i can't handle i should concentrate on things that i can...i really would love to get my rook look as chic as yours!

Heidi said...

These pictures took my breath away.....I love you Holly - thanks for the post, I just loved seeing this!!

Vicki said...

Holly, I love your room, and am so impressed with your earring holder!! Way to go! Love all the things that you surround yourself with!!!